Sooooooo, sorry we missed Mr. Grassroofs Monday and the Wednesday post! Eeek! I’ll be sure to make Mr. Grassroofs do something extra awesome next Monday. To our credit, we did build this awesome stage set last weekend. And Mr. G’s show opens tomorrow! He’s been working fiendishly, method acting, for his childish role as Jack (as in, with the beanstalk). Ready to take on giants and steal harps with debonaire childish-ness.
Today I want to make sure you can make air freshener! We all have stinky places in our home or work place and we need to get. those. gone. These little guys are so easy and cheap, plus they make great gifts! Keep them in a closet for those last minute house parties, etc.
- Add the salt to water and heat the water until the salt dissolves.
- Add the gelatin and continue heating until that dissolves.
- If you want all the scents and coloring to be the same, add 3-4 drops of food coloring and 3-4 drops of essential oil to the pot now.
- If you want a variety, pour the water mixture into mason jars. Then tap in 1-2 drops of food coloring and 1-2 drops of essential oil in each jar.
- Refrigerate for a few hours. Enjoy!
These little guys should stay gel-y at room temperature, but I would not recommend leaving them in a summery car. And when the scent expires, just tap some more essential oil onto the gel blob and rest easy in our new sweet smelling oasis of freshness.
What else do you do to freshen your home?