Mr. Grassroofs and I love to eat. Like, seriously. People write sitcoms about eaters like us. So this next post is dedicated to our best day in San Francisco. We ate our way through an entire building, and here’s how we recommend you do it!
- Get a Chili Dog from Panther Ranch Meat Company– I know, I know. A chili dog? In this veritable treasure trove of deliciosity?! Well, you’re pacing yourself, and this is only the first stop- remember this a marathon, not a sprint. While you wait, read all the great literature they have about their happy cows who led healthy lives not too far from where you are standing.
- Get a Meat Cone from Boccalone– notable for their “Tasty Salted Pig Parts” this little gem serves a variety of…you guessed it, salted meat. They sell loads of perfect salami sandwiches and prosciutto panini, but this paleo duo just wanted meat in a cup. That’s what we got and we loved every second of it.
- By now you’re probably relatively full…or at least satisfied. So take some time to look at all of the homemade goods, revel in the textures. Talk to the people who are so happy to share their craft with you. Read tags that show you which rural towns all over the world will be benefited by your purchase.
- Make your way over to Cowgirl Creamery to check out a cheese plate, complete with local cheeses, almonds, and pears. Enjoy even more happy cow literature and the wooded, rustic feel of the whole place. They also make a great Arnold Palmer!
- Top off your visit to the Ferry Terminal with a visit to Blue Bottle Coffee. I got another drip coffee- you can’t believe how much I enjoyed having somebody prepare my coffee only at the moment when I ordered it. Or you can be like Mr. Grassroofs and order an espresso with milk (cappuccino? cafe au lait? I can’t remember). The team of baristas will make sure it looks too good to drink.
- Being summarily satisfied, we suggest you take a nearby trolley to the end of the piers and walk back- reflecting on your post-eatery bliss all the while.